Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children at P/SL
Nearly 20 years ago, a number of pediatric physicians (pediatric subspecialists and pediatric surgeons) moved their practices to Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center (P/SL) in Denver and established a regionally renowned center caring for high-risk births, neonates, infants, children and teens. Many more subspecialists have since joined the staff, increasing the breadth and scope of pediatric diagnostics, treatments, surgeries and research conducted at P/SL.
These physicians seek to blend the most advanced pediatric clinical care with an exceptional level of personal service not found in an academic setting.
Patient demand had outgrown the space. The P/SL pediatric specialists became the impetus for establishing a new space complete with a state of the art, stand-alone pediatric medical center on the P/SL campus to serve the increasing numbers of infants, children and teens seeking care here.
Our new facility opened in the fall of 2010 and encompasses a 160,000-square-foot pediatric care center at Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center. A 100,000-square-foot pediatric focused medical office building accompanies the addition to the hospital complex.
The medical staff’s guiding principle is to treat patients in a private practice setting. RMHC physician specialists see each patient and lead a team of pediatric-trained professionals in determining and providing the best treatments, in partnership, with the young patient’s primary care physician and family.
Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children at P/SL Milestones
- First fetal surgery in Colorado in 1988
- "First in world" thoracoscopic lobectomy in an infant
- "First in world" thoracoscopic tracheo-esophageal fistula repair
- First in U.S. laparoscopic repair of a duodenal atresia (second in world)
- "First in world" endoscopic operating room for children
- First robotic surgery on a child in Colorado
- First live Internet surgery for children
- First surgical podcasts
- Largest number of minimally invasive procedures of neonates and infants anywhere in the world
- Largest number of thoracoscopic lung resections in children in the world
- Largest experience of laparoscopic anti-reflux procedures in the world